GunaVit B5 PLUS
Box of 30 x 0.43 g swallowable capsules
Box of 30 x 0.43 g swallowable capsules
Food supplement with Sunflower derived Phosphatidylserine, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B5 and Selenium
- Gluten and fructose free
- Naturally lactose free
- No added sugar
In addition to their energetic action, the nutrients obtained through food play an essential role in the PNEI (Psycho-Neuro-Endocrine-Immunology) regulation process.
In fact, when affected by certain conditions, the body needs a bigger amount of nutrients to support its homeostatic processes. In other cases, conditions can be the reflection of a decreased dietary intake, such as for example:
- more or less prolonged states of fatigue and tiredness
- excessive oxidative stress1
- intense mental activity
GunaVit B5 PLUS provides a balanced and synergistic supply of nutritional elements: Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) contributes to reducing fatigue and to normal brain performance; Vitamin D contributes to maintaining muscle health and, along with Selenium, supports the normal functioning of the immune system. Moreover, Selenium also assists in the processes that protect cells from oxidative stress.
PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE (PS)2-7: GunaVit B5 PLUS contains PS standardized to 60% from Sunflower Phospholipids.
PS is a lipid concentrated especially in the brain (15% of phospholipids) and localized in the cell membrane (towards the cytoplasmic layer). It participates in the mechanisms of depolarization of neuronal membranes, in the release of neurotransmitters, in post-synaptic receptor activities, in the activation of Protein Kinase C, which is crucial in cognitive and memory processes. PS also contributes to supporting the physiological integrity of the mitochondrial membrane responsible for producing energy. Several studies indicate that PS is involved in the physiological regulation of cortisol and in the physiological regulation of glutathione peroxidase levels.
SELENIUM (L-Selenomethionine)8-11: it is an essential oligo-element that, through selenomethionine, constitutes the glutathione peroxidase. Each capsule of GunaVit B5 PLUS contains about 90% of the daily Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) of Selenium. Selenium supports the normal functioning of the immune system and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
VITAMIN B5 (Calcium pantothenate)12-13: it is an essential vitamin that, being water-soluble, cannot be accumulated in the body. Vitamin B5 is a constituent of the Coenzyme A (CoA). Each capsule of GunaVit B5 PLUS contains more than 100% of the daily Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) of Vitamin B5, recommended in a balanced nutritional intake.
Vitamin B5 contributes to normal energy metabolism, normal synthesis, and normal metabolism of steroid hormones, to the metabolism of Vitamin D and some neurotransmitters. It also contributes to reduce fatigue and to normal brain performance.
VITAMIN D3 (Cladonia rangiferina (L.) Weber ex F.H. Wigg., thallus) d. e. standardized to 0.25% in vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)14-15: the standardized Vitamin D3 of GunaVit B5 PLUS is obtained from plant sources, a lichen, for a balanced nutritional intake. In the body, Vitamin D3 participates in the regulation of various physiological functions, such as the regulation of Ca-P balance and bones mineralization. Deficiency of this vitamin may be due to aging, unbalanced diet, poor exposure to sunlight, intestinal malabsorption.
Vitamin D contributes to maintaining the normal function of muscles and the immune system.
GunaVit B5 PLUS with Phosphatidylserine provides a supply of specific nutritional elements, in vegan capsules:
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of the reach of children under 3 years of age. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store the product in a cool and dry place and protect from light. The expiry date refers to a product correctly stored in its original and undamaged packaging.
Bulking agent: microcrystalline cellulose (cellulose gel); hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule ingredient), phospholipids derived from powdered sunflower enriched with phosphatidylserine standardized to 60%, anti-caking agents: silicon dioxide, magnesium salts of fatty acids; Cladonia rangiferina (Cladonia rangiferina (L.) Weber ex F.H. Wigg., thallus) d.e. standardized to 0.25% in Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate), L-Selenomethionine.
Instructions for use
We recommend taking 2 capsules per day, to be swallowed with a glass of water, for ten days, and continue with 1 capsule per day for the following 10 days.
Package of 30 swallowable capsules. Net weight 12.8 g ℮.
1. Yahaya Muhammad, Yamuna Aminu Kani, Sani Iliya, Jafaru Bunza Muhammad, Abubakar Binji, Abdurrahman El-Fulaty Ahmad , Muhd Bashir Kabir, Kabir Umar Bindawa, Armaya'u Ahmed Deficiency of antioxidants and increased oxidative stress in COVID-19 patients: A cross-sectional comparative study in Jigawa, Northwestern Nigeria SAGE Open Med . 2021 Feb 1;9:2050312121991246. doi: 10.1177/2050312121991246. eCollection 2021.
2. Gustavo A Argañaraz, Julys da Fonseca Palmeira, Enrique R Argañaraz, Phosphatidylserine inside out: a possible underlying mechanism in the inflammation and coagulation abnormalities of COVID-19 Cell Commun Signal . 2020 Dec 27;18(1):190. doi: 10.1186/s12964-020-00687-7.
3. Rachel Audo, Charlotte Hua, Michael Hahne, Bernard Combe, Jacques Morel, Claire I. Daien. Phosphatidylserine outer layer translocation is Implicated in IL-10 secretion by Human Regulatory B Cells PLOS ONE 12(1): e0169755 https://doi. org/10.1371/journal.pone.0169755.
4. C A Stokes, R Kaur, M R Edwards, M Mondhe, D Robinson, E C Prestwich, R D Hume, C A Marshall, Y Perrie, V B O'Donnell, J L Harwood, I Sabroe,
L C Parker Human rhinovirus-induced inflammatory responses are inhibited by phosphatidylserine containing liposomes 2016 Sep;9(5):1303-16. doi: 10.1038/mi.2015.137. Epub 2016 Feb 24.
5. Jennifer Oyler-Yaniv, Alon Oyler-Yaniv, Mojdeh Shakiba, Nina K Min, Ying-Han Chen, Sheue-Yann Cheng, Oleg Krichevsky, Nihal Altan-Bonnet, Grégoire Altan- Bonnet Catch and Release of Cytokines Mediated by Tumor Phosphatidylserine Converts Transient Exposure into Long-Lived Inflammation Mol Cell. 2017 Jun 1;66(5):635-647.e7. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2017.05.011.
6. Hso-Chi Chaung , Chin-Dong Chang, Pi-Hang Chen, Chia-Jung Chang, Shyh- Hwa Liu, Chih-Cheng Chen Docosahexaenoic acid and phosphatidylserine improves the antioxidant activities in vitro and in vivo and cognitive functions of the developing brain. Food Chem 2013 May 1;138(1):342-7. doi: 10.1016/j. foodchem.2012.10.082. Epub 2012 Nov 10.
7. Sheldon S Hendler , David M. Rorvik Physicians Desk Reference PDR Integratori Nutrizionali -Nuova Edizione CeC Editore 2010 ; 285-287.
8. Lucia A Seale 1 , Daniel J Torres 1 , Marla J Berry 1 , Matthew W Pitts 1 A role for selenium-dependent GPX1 in SARS-CoV-2 virulence. Am J Clin Nutr . 2020 Aug 1;112(2):447-448. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/nqaa177.
9. C-K Tseng 1 , C-T Ho, H-S Hsu, C-H Lin, C-I Li, T-C Li, C-S Liu, C-C Lin, W Y Lin Selenium is inversely associated with interleukin-6 in the elderly J Nutr Health Aging. 2013 Mar;17(3):280-4. doi: 10.1007/s12603-012-0376-6. Food Chem 2013 May 1;138(1):342-7. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.10.082. Epub 2012 Nov 10.
10. SINU Società Italiana di Nutrizione Umana LARN-Livelli di Assunzione di Riferimento di Nutrienti ed energia per la popolazione italiana.IV Revisione SICS 2016; 554-564.
11. Jinsong Zhang,a,1 Ramy Saad,b,c,1 Ethan Will Taylor,d and Margaret P. Raymanb, Selenium and selenoproteins in viral infection with potential relevance to covid-19. Redox Biol. 2020 Oct; 37: 101715.
12. Vyacheslav S Slyshenkov , Dorota Dymkowska, Lech Wojtczak Pantothenic acid and pantothenol increase biosynthesis of glutathione by boosting cell energetics . FEBS Lett . 2004 Jul 2;569(1-3):169-72. doi: 10.1016/j.febslet.2004.05.044.
13. SINU Società Italiana di Nutrizione Umana LARN-Livelli di Assunzione di Riferimento di Nutrienti ed energia per la popolazione italiana.IV Revisione SICS 2016; 272-284.
14. Hillary Kimberly Osorio Landa , Iván Pérez Díaz 2, Sara Del Carmen Laguna Bárcenas, Juan Manuel López Navarro , María Fernanda Abella Roa , Mariel Corral Orozco, Juan Pablo Mancilla Ortega Diana Alheli Martínez Duarte , Susana Isabel Morales Montalvo Sebastián Múzquiz Aguirre Elizabet Sánchez Landa Association of serum vitamin D levels with chronic disease and mortality. Nutr Hosp. 2020 Apr 16;37(2):335-342. doi: 10.20960/nh.02512.
15. SINU Società Italiana di Nutrizione Umana LARN-Livelli di Assunzione di Riferimento di Nutrienti ed energia per la popolazione italiana.IV Revisione SICS 2016; 335-354.